Opportunities for Private Stakeholders
The IGEF gives private sector stakeholders access to a high-level government dialogue on a regular basis and provides them with the opportunity to air their views on necessary market developments.The IGEF also offers an opportunity for companies to join forces and pursue common goals, e.g. in demonstration projects or other forms of cooperation between Indian and German companies.
Financial support for activities may be obtained from the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The IGEF Support Office has been set up as the first point of contact to support companies interested in getting involved in the process.
Benefits of the Indo-German Energy Forum
- The IGEF provides access to decision-makers (highranking government officials). Within the dialogue, the interests of the private sector may be linked to the policy objectives of the Government of India, resulting in enhanced political support. This is especially valuable in the strongly regulated power sector.
- The IGEF is helping to develop an enabling business environment with the assistance and involvement of the private sector.
- The IGEF Support Office acts as first point of contact and supports companies in developing and implementing demonstration projects or other forms of cooperation. Assistance may take the form of consultancy services, setting up contacts, conducting background studies or organising workshops.
- Companies joining the process benefit from existing networks and expertise established within the Indo-German development cooperation and a working structure of foreign trade promotion.
- Activities within the IGEF may be funded under the International Climate Initiative of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment or by Indo-German development cooperation.