The 7th meeting of the Indo-German Energy Forum, jointly chaired by Secretary, Ministry of Power, Government of India, Mr. Pradeep Kumar Pujari and State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Government of Germany, Mr. Rainer Baake held on 29 September 2016 in Berlin, Germany.
The Indo-German Energy Forum, initiated by the German Chancellor and Indian Prime Minister in April 2006, provides a platform for high level policy makers and representatives from industry, associations, financial institutions and research organizations from both India and Germany.
The meeting provided a unique opportunity for public and private sector stakeholders to convene and develop a common understanding of the most promising opportunities for Indo-German cooperation in the energy sector.
The Forum was jointly organized by:
- Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi, Germany),
- Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB, Germany),
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ, Germany),
- Ministry of Power (MOP, India),
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE, India),
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE, India)
- German Development Bank (KfW) and
- German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ).
On 27th and 28th September representatives of German companies presented potential business opportunities for India and especially existing barriers which would need political intervention or support. Representatives of the Government of India and the Indian business community were present in these B2G roundtables took place in Hamburg.Click here for pictures